Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Trash Pack container.

This little project is a bit of a lame one.  It is so basic and a little sad looking & quite frankly Im a tad embaressed, however I thought I would share this post as I was happy with my re-use of items and also, my lovely son is happy with the results...so thats good, I guess.

At the moment my little T, {as most 7 year old boys are at the moment}, is obsessed with the trash packs.  He saw in the junk mail, a sale on trash pack trucks and extra little trashies to go along with it.  So he tore it out, pulled apart his money box and worked out if he could afford it.  He was a little off affording it so he worked his little butt off around the home untill he had enough money saved to buy it.  The big day came and he hasnt looked back since.  He was so excited to have his trash pack truck.

Anyway, we had all these little trash cans that didnt fit in the truck so he asked me to find somthing to put them in.  I hunted through my cupboards and found an empty Aldi coffee pod container.  They are metal tins and quite sturdy.  It was perfect. 
I soaked the label off it, cleaned it and then gave it a spray of silver.


BEFORE!

A bit of gooey green paint oozing out of it made it look 'bin-like' .  I then carefully painted 'the trash pack' on it.
The end result...

AFTER!

Like I said...a very basic, simple and not-so clever project but Im realy happy I got to re-use and recycle.
What have you done with those little aldi tins you have??  They are so useful.




Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment