Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

One wemon mewingue pie coming up!...

...Those are the words of Famouse Mr. Elma Fudd...
When my husband was my boyfriend, one thing he made clear to me was, that the only thing that comes close to the love he has for me, is the love he has for Lemon Meringue Pie.

Yes, anytime I needed to say sorry, I love you, welcome home, get well etc, etc....all I had to do was whip up a Lemon Meringue Pie and all was sweet.
The sad thing is, Like alot of things, Once we were married I was over making Lemon Meringue Pie.  I started cooking new things, trying new recipes etc.  Although he enjoys these new things...he still ask for...you guessed it, Lemon Meringue Pie.
I dont think I mke it enough for him.

When we got home from Sydney I thought I would spoil him by making mini Lemon Meringue Pies.  As I was a bit tired from holidays, i cheated a little.
Normally Im all for making the base and all from scratch.  This time I purchased premade tart cases.  I will include the recipe for the base I normally make too at the end so if you decide to make it (and your not as lazy as me ) you can make the base, it realy is nice if you can.


Lemon Meringue Pie
Filling...
400g can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
3 egg yolks.  (Keep the whites)

Mix these 3 ingredients together untill well combined.
Place in each tart case evenly.

Meringue...
Beat egg whites untill firm peaks form, gradually add sugar, beating untill sugar disolves.  Spoon meringue on top of filling, bake in 180*C oven for 10 mins, untill light golden.
What your left with is this....
Biscuit base...
If your wanting to make the base all you do is combine 180g plain sweet biscuits, crushed ( I use scotch finger) and 90 grams of melted butter.
Combine untill realy mixed well and the biscuit crumbs are moist.
Press into a 23cm pie dish and refigerate while making the filling.

Hubby was one very happy, content man when I presented him with these mini merngues.♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment