Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

blah..blah..blah...

Before I start todays Blog, I must apologies for my female sookie la-la blog last time.  I must warn you, its "that time of the month" right now for me and I tend to get.....um........a little hormonal, LOL....so again, I apologies.
Now, getting on with it...Once again it has been QLD school hols for the past 2 weeks and the kids have been home.  We havnt done alot which has been nice.  We have been to the movies.  Toy story was pretty awesome.  We saw it in 3D and that was good...not amazing but it was good.  The kids enjoyed the whole experience, wearing their 'special' glasses, so it was worth it for that.  HeeHee.
Anyway, I thought that seeing its been cold (have I yet mentioned that in my Blog...hmmmmm...) I would make sausage rolls.  I have never made them and Im not exactly fussed on those icky mass produced ones that you can purchase in the super market *ugh*.   I had a recipe sitting in my recipe box for some time and so I made a lot, they were pretty yummo, even the kids liked them.

Here is the recipe....Give them a try...

HOMEMADE SAUSAGE ROLLS

Ingredients


Makes approx. 20



Basic Mince Mixture

500g Lean Beef Mince,

1 grated brown onion,

1 peeled and grated carrot,

2 crushed garlic cloves

1/3 cup roughly chopped parsley in a bowl.



Additional Ingredients

2 slices white bread, crusts removed, roughly chopped

2 tbs tomato sauce

1 tbs barbecue sauce

1 tbs Worcestershire sauce

1 egg, whisked

2 sheets frozen ready rolled puff pastry, partially thawed

1 egg, extra, whisked

1 tbs sesame seeds



Method

1. Combine all the ingredients for basic mince mixture in a bowl.



2. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Soak bread in warm water for 2 minutes. Drain and squeeze out as much water as possible. Combine bread with basic mince mixture, sauces and egg in a large bowl.



3. Lay pastry sheets on a flat surface and cut each in half. Form 1/4 of the mince mixture into a long sausage shape along the long side of the pastry. Brush opposite edge of pastry with egg wash. Roll up to enclose filling and with join underneath. Cut into 5 even portions.



3. Place rolls onto prepared tray and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve.



Tip

The bread in the mince mixture prevents the filling from shrinking in the pastry and also absorbs any fat that may soak through.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
These little sausage rolls are so delish.  We had them for dinner one night with a salad and we had leftovers for a yummy warm lunch the next day.  Great for freezing too.
Im defintly making these again, especialy for our next party.  So give these a go, your family will thankyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment