Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

FRIENDS-(NOUN) a person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.

“A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”

I must say...Im completley lucky and so thankful for the Beautiful friends I have.  Im not a total party girl, I dont have hundreds of friends in every country of the world, but I do have a handful of friends that make me smile and bring Joy.
Those friends will be friends for life.
As my quote says at the begining...A true friend understand you...your past and truly "gets it"...and at the end of the day love and accept you the way you are--->warts and all.
The older I get, I come to relise what truly matters in life and what is important.  Putting 'toxic friends' in their place and not letting people get to me (although this can be hard).
I relise too, what type of people I need to be around, the sort of people that make me a better person.  Keep me positve and loving support when I need strength.
A true friend also lets you know when you need to be told.  Telling you what you NEED to hear and for me to accept that.  After all, if you cant take it from those closest to you, then there's not much hope LOL.

After all this....I have to say I have the most wonderful friends I could ever dream of having.  Its so nice to know that no matter how busy you get, how much time passes...one thing NEVER changes...your friendship.
Its great to know that if Im having a crappy day I can ring my friends and KNOW without a doubt I will end up smiling.
To me that is a true friend.

In saying all this I just want to thank those friends and just hope and pray with my whole heart that I can be that same type of friend back...give back what they all give to me.  After all, a friendship is a 2way street.

♥Thankyou all those who are in my life and bring me HaPiNeSs!!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment