Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The wedding Cake ♥

Well, by now you must know how much I love to cook.  I must say, I find cooking rather theraputic LOL.
We had some elderly friends of ours recently tie the knot and I was asked to make the wedding cake....yes, you definitely heard that correct..."THE WEDDING CAKE"  THE cake...the thing everyone looks at and admires....me, 'I' have been asked to make it!!!!

I almost had a heart attack when I was asked...I like to cook, I honestly enjoy it, but I dont consider myself that good.
After thinking about it and I calmed down,  it was rather simple.  Two cheesecakes, layered on top of each other, cream over the lot.  Fresh roses draped all over.  I did have 2 friends help me.
Here is a pic of the cake half finished...


Ok, so we had 2 of these.  It was a fantastic recipe.  Here it is...

CHERRY YOGHURT CHEESECAKE
1/4 sweet biscuit crumbs ( I used Scotch finger )
80grams Butter, melted

750g Philadelphia block cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 1/2  teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs

200grams Greek natural yoghurt

400g jar cherries, drained, liquid reserved
1/4 castar sugar, extra,
2 teaspoons arrowroot, blended with
1 teaspoon cold water

1.combine biscuit crumbs& butter.  Press into the base of a greased and lined 22cm round springform pan.  Chill.
2.  Beat 500g Philly, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon Vanilla using an electric mixer untill smooth.  Beat in the eggs one at a time.  Pour into the prepared base and bake in a moderate oven (180•C ) for 20 mins.  Cool 5 mins.
3.  Beat the remaining Philly, sugar and vanilla untill smooth then beat in the yoghurt.  Pour over cooked base then bake for a further 10-15 mins untill just a little wobbly in the centre.  Allow to cool in the oven with the door ajar.  Chill.
4.  Combine the reserved cherry liquid, extra sugarand arrowroot mixture in a small saucepan and stire over low heat untill sugar has dissolved and syrup has thickened.Stire in cherries and cool.  Slice the cheesecake and place onto serving plates.  Spoon over cherries and syrup.  Serve immediately.


To be honest, this recipe is devine.  You gotta try it.  I actually doubled the recipe for each cake.
I also had the wonderful help of my friends Amanda & Christina to help me out with it all too.
The finished product was a complete success and I was amazed at hopw many at the weding came in to say "I dont know who made that cake but it was the best cheesecake Ive ever eaten" WOW, that that was a total compliment to me.  I felt just a tad proud of me ol' little self LOL.
The one thing I am annoyed at though, is Ididnt get a chance to get any snaps of the finished, decorated cake.  My sister in law who is a photographer, and was also used in the wedding, took a few snaps.  As soon as I get some I will post them to this blog.
All in all, Saturday 2nd Jan was a beautiful day, a beautiful wedding and a sweet couple joined together in marrage.  it was one wedding that I was honestly privledged to have a part of.  I felt chuffed that I was asked to help out.
I wish them all the best in the new life together.
♥♥MWAH xoxoxox♥♥


No comments:

Post a Comment