Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

MMM..This is just SOY good!

Soy Milk...you either Love it or hate it.  For myself I actually really, really like it. 

In my quest for health and feeling good, I decided to switch to Soy.
I have never been a huge cow milk drinker.  In fact I remember as a child the thought of it turned my stomach.  I could never work out why all my friends used to gulp it down and loved getting milk mustaches.  It repulsed me...ugh!
As i have gotten older, I can tollerate it a lot better.  When I was Pregnant with my kids I craved milk and had alot of chocolate malted milkshakes.  Even though I craved it I felt a bit icky after it.  Still, I drink it, and I always feel a bit Blah after. 
I switched to Soy about 3 and a half weeks ago and I must say...No more Bleh feeling.  Honestly! 
I can drink a glass of it (in a smoothie) and I dont get that icky after taste or rumbly tummy.  I feel lighter and I heard it is high in Protein...which is fantastic news.

Im no expert (and not against cows milk) but I heard in my google travells that "Dairy is a tremendous mucus producer and a burden on the respiratory, digestive and immune systems." I am an asthamatic and suffer from sinus so I can vouch for the fact that it does do somthing to my breathing...such a change since swapping to soy.
I have also heard that Rice milk is also great, so I may give that a go too.  I will let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I just started reading your blog and I really enjoy it. I love soy milk too, and I also really like rice milk. Make sure you shake the carton really well as it does separate. It is fabulous in oats if you like them, makes them very creamy.
    Enjoy!
    xox Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kylie...Im so happy you enjoy my blog. Thanks too for the shaking tip...will try to remember :0)

    ReplyDelete